The Lodge of Edinburgh (Mary's Chapel) No. 1

The Prince's Panel

The Prince's Panel commemorates the affiliation of the Prince of Wales to the Lodge. Relevant extracts from the Lodge minutes include:

12 October 1870
HRH the Prince of Wales, Prince and High Steward of Scotland affiliated.

13 October 1870
HRH accompanies Grand Master Mason who laid foundation stone of the New Royal Infirmary.

1 November 1933
Special Meeting, 19 Hill Street, 2.30 pm. Lodge opened, raised to Third Degree and adjourned.
Committee of Enquiry, 3.00 pm. HRH's application for affiliation was found to be in order.
HRH presented to Past Masters and Office–Bearers and shown round Lodge Rooms.
Special Meeting, Freemason's Hall, 3.30 pm. Lodge resumed in Third Degree.
R.W. Bro. HRH Edward Prince of Wales, Duke of Rothesay, MM Lodge Household Brigade, No. 2614 E.C., took his obligation as an Affiliate Member of the Lodge.

2 January 1934
General Committee. The Secretary was instructed to convey to Bro. Thomas McCrea an expression of the high appreciation of the R.W.M. and Brethren for the many valuable services he has so freely rendered to the Lodge. Special reference was made to the Prince's Panel, designed by Bro. McCrea which now adorns the Lodge Room.

The panel contains the marks of the following brethren, clockwise from the top:
Harry Eccles, R.W.M. 1933–1934
Thomas McCrea, designer
Thomas Good, carver
Thomas Kershaw Bonnar, decorator.

Structural blue curve
Lodge of Edinburgh Crest
Structural bottom blue curve